Another Year Growing Stronger
With the holiday season approaching it’s natural to reflect on the year. We are truly humbled by the continued magic happening at Roberti Community House as families come together to cook, sew, visit, walk, and provide service back to the community – just like a real family! And Roberti Culinary Pathway is continuing to provide free culinary training to adults to help launch a pathway out of poverty.
Thanks to the generosity of people like you, our youth have a fun place with consistent presence of caring adults available all year round.
Reaching over 220 youth, our Afterschool Program provides a safe, fun spot for neighborhood kids to enjoy a full meal, to get their homework done, play games, and much more.
‘I feel like when the kids walk into RCH after school they let out a big sigh and relax. They’ve learned that they can just be themselves here. There is always something fun planned, like a science experiment, but the real difference, I think, is the consistent group of volunteers supporting them and cheering them on, no matter what,’ said Sharon, one of our long-time volunteers.
Roberti Culinary Pathway
Because YOU have joined us in believing everyone needs chance, we have celebrated our 10th culinary pathway graduation! What a milestone. This brings our total number of graduates to 46 in just two years!
With your support we have opened doors:
- Culinary Students have prepared 10,000 meals that have been donated back to those in need – Soup kitchens, Domestic and Homeless Shelters, Veterans Groups and First Responders
- 92% of our graduates are employed contributing to the workforce, their families, and their sense of self worth
- More than 41,814 pounds of fresh produce has been rescued and shared with families who live in the food desert surrounding RCH and RCP .
#RCHgiveback Meals prepared for our friends at PADS-LAKE COUNTY
Thank you from the Roberti Culinary Pathway!
What our Students have said:
- “When I was at home I felt depressed; right now I feel motivated to get up every morning and come to work. I feel like I have a purpose.”
- “We have a good team full of warm, loving personalities.”
- “Being here you know somebody cares.”
Donate Today, Impact Today!
- When you give to Roberti Community House your gift allows youth to have a safe and welcoming place outside of school, inspires and equips adults to be placed in the workforce, facilitates connections, and transforms those living in a challenging community.
- Year end tax planning? Please make a gift of appreciated stock or include us in your legacy planning.