Providing Hope in the Midst of Crisis
Everyone has been impacted by the COVID-19 virus. But the impact varies widely and the most marginalized members of our community have been deeply affected. Those who are living from paycheck to paycheck or relying on social services have suddenly found themselves without the means to feed their families.
Thanks to the support you have given us, the services we provide at Roberti Community House are considered part of the Essential Critical Infrastructurefor Human Service Operations.
After careful consideration, the Board of Directors determined we will remain open in order to help connect the hardest-hit families with the food and resources they need. We have suspended our programs and refocused towards providing food to families at risk and first responders on the front lines.
Roberti Culinary Pathway
continues to feed the community
Chef Clay with Chef Tom Gescheidle preparing meals for Vista Hospital first responders.
- Chef Clay from Roberti Culinary Pathway is preparing hot meals for the homeless and food insecure with the help of our many culinary partners
- RCP is also supporting first responders at hospitals, police and fire stations, and others during this time of crisis
- We are working with faith based groups, shelters and soup kitchens to ensure that vulnerable families are fed
- We are working with local farmers, stores, and restaurants to gather any surplus they can provide to distribute to families and other community organizations in need
- RCH is providing bagged lunches each weekday to neighborhood children and informing the community of the current health risks and keeping safe a distance as members pick up food
Be assured that we are implementing the necessary protocols to ensure that our employees, clients, and recipients stay safe.
WE ARE FAMILY – Just as we all turn to our family in times of need, our neighbors know that they can depend on their RCH family
Roberti Community House is acting to connect the hardest hit families with the food they need
RCH has a longstanding history of food rescue, preparation, and mobilization. Because of our trusted connections with the community, we are a hub of food recovery and distribution to ensure that food is not wasted. Our focus, now more than ever, is on making sure that food-insecure community members receive the food and resources their families need. The food we are distributing is not pre-packaged. Rather, these individuals are receiving a variety of fruits and vegetables and freshly prepared, healthy meals that provide the nutrients necessary to support healthy immune systems.
Your support throughout these last nine years shows your understanding that assistance to the most vulnerable in our community uplifts our community as a whole. This is what drives the mission of Roberti Community House.
Now, more than ever, we need your support.
Make an impact with a gift- Donate Now
Roberti Community House accepts:
- checks – payable to Roberti Community House, P.O. Box 65, Lake Forest, IL 60045
- Paypal donations
- Venmo (@Roberticommunityhouse)
When you give to Roberti Community House your gift allows us to remain responsive to the ever-evolving needs of our community and workers on the front line of this crisis. Your support allows us to continue to mobilize at a greater level to feed more people. A donation of any amount will make the difference between a child having a meal or go hungry.
Be safe and stay well!
Founder, Roberti Community House
Email [email protected] for more information on donations.
We appreciate your continued interest and support! Our programs are free and in need of your contribution. Please consider donating.